Last Updated: September 8, 2021
- the use of www.absencesoft.com (“Website”),
- the use of the application websites www.absencetracker.com, www.stage.absencetracker.com, and www.ess-absencetracker.com (“Application”),
- social media messages and marketing campaigns, and
- Website visitor
- End-user of the Application (“End User”)
- Prospective client
- Job applicant, and
Personal Information we collect
Information you choose to provide to us
We may ask you to provide information that can uniquely identify you (“Personal Information”) when:
- You use the Website to download articles, data sheets, eBooks, or other content
- You request a meeting or demo
- You refer a friend to us
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms
- We or Client account administrators grant you access to the Application
- You or Client account administrators upload or enter Personal Information into the Application on your behalf
- You participate in a marketing/sales promotion
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events
- You register or attend a webinar or other event
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time
- You participate in chats
- You use our Services
- We obtain your information from a third party, including service providers we may engage to provide you the Services
- You interact with us through social networks
If you choose to provide us with a third party’s Personal Information (including the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you acknowledge and agree that you have the third party’s permission to share their Personal Information with us.
The Personal Information we collect may include first and last name, email address, phone number, and company name.
As an End User of the Application, we collect your name, email address and the information from any comments you make in the Application.
- employee names, email addresses, and contractual agreements,
- vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements, or other Personal Information necessary to provide the Services,
- customer names and email addresses used to provide the Services
- and personal health information pertaining to leave requests.
As a Job Applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
Information we collect automatically
We collect information about your visits to the Website and the Application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal Information. We use this information to improve and personalize the Services, such as to allow us to identify and authenticate users.
How we use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the contracted Services and allow full use of the Application functionality as purchased by the Clients
- Deliver training and support to our Application End Users and/or carry out the transactions you have requested
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats, video conferencing
- Process payments for Application subscriptions
- Send communications to you about:
- new Application features and upgrades
- our services and offerings
- event announcements
- product notices and changes to our terms and policies
- Deliver particular programs in which you have chosen to participate
- promotional offers and surveys
- scheduling demos
- Advertise and market our products and services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on this Website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our Services and their delivery
- Create and manage marketing campaigns
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the Application and Website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our Services
- Manage our Website and Application in order to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and services,
- Enforce our Website and Application Terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Protect the security or integrity of the Website, Application, our business or Services; or
- Otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law.
Please note that sometimes we may record the video conferencing call in which you participate in order to analyze and improve our staff’s communication skills. If we do so, we will clearly announce it at the beginning of the conference call.
We do not sell your information to any third party.
How we share Personal Information
Our Application and Services
If you are an End User of our Application, your Personal Information may be viewed by other users with access to the Application and the appropriate permission levels.
We use third parties to help us provide our Services. They will have access to your information as collected by the Website or the Application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the Personal Information, to only use it to deliver the contracted Services to us, to prohibit them from selling it and not to disclose it without our knowledge and permission.
|Service Provider Name||Business purpose||Information collected by the service provider||Data location|
It is possible that we may need to disclose Personal Information when required by law, subpoena, or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation. We attempt to notify our clients about legal demands for their Personal Information when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
We may also share your Personal Information in other manners with your explicit consent.
How we secure Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the Personal Information we collect and use. We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We provide the same Services to all of our Clients and End-Users worldwide. We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations. For Personal Information we have about you, you can:
Request a copy of your information
You have the right to obtain information about what Personal Information we process about you or to obtain a copy of your Personal Information. If you have provided Personal Information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information. If you are an End User of the Application, you can approach your employer for more information.
You have the right to be notified of what Personal Information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
Change or correct your Personal Information.
You have the right to update/correct your Personal Information or ask us to do it on your behalf. You can edit your information through the user account in the Application or ask us to change or correct it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not process Personal Information through the use of automated means.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organizations in charge with enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
How long we keep your Personal Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and our Clients, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
We may also retain information to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and take other actions permitted by law.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-Personal Information to provide insights which are commercially valuable to AbsenceSoft, such as statistics of the use of the Services.
Other Important Information
Data Transfers. We process data only in the United States and rely on legally provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
Lawful Collection. We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have a lawful reason for its collection. When you visit our Website and provide us with your Personal Information, we collect and use it with your consent.
Employer Responsibility. As an Application End User, you consent to our collection of your Personal Information when you log in for the first time. However, your employer has control of the account and may upload and share additional Personal Information. It is your employer’s responsibility to ensure the collection, use and sharing of the Personal Information uploaded to the Application complies with all applicable legislation. Please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over the types of information your employer (our customer) or you store in or upload to the Services. As such, we shall not be liable to you for any information stored or uploaded to the Services by you or your employer.
Consent. Where we rely on your consent to process Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Notice. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Children. The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we have received any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
How to select your preferences
Promotional Communications. You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. To stop receiving marketing communications, please click the “Unsubscribe” or “Manage Preferences” links in the email we sent you. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
Web Analytics. You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/.
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your Personal Information and our privacy practices by contacting us at email@example.com.